For a small group of people with a compelling mission but with no funds or offices of our own, we’ve done quite a bit since we were first established in 2009. The estimated value of donated materials and services for projects done to date exceeds $500,000. Here are some brief descriptions of what Building on Hope has been up to:
- 2010: The remodeling, landscaping, redesign and refurnishing of the White House Boys Intensive Residential Treatment Facility for Easter Seals New Hampshire.
- 2011: Community Impact Projects in which Building on Hope facilitated and promoted the transformation of facilities for four non-profits in different parts of the state, bringing aide to their efforts. Beneficiaries included:
- Bridge Outreach of Littleton
- Odell Park in Franklin
- New Life Home in Manchester
- Camp Allen in Bedford
- 2012: The major rebuilding of the Manchester Girls Inc.headquarters that involved a new roof, an air conditioning system, playground, extensive program enhancements and a complete new kitchen and dining area for the hundreds of girls and family members served there each year.
- 2014: A complete renovation of Opportunity Networks in Amherst that meant building everything from the ground up and provide their clients with a theatre, movement room, art room, computer lab, commercial kitchen, library, renovated office space and a snoozelen room.